We are very happy to announce that AHBC has reopened and we are holding our Worship Services back inside of our Church Sanctuary every Sunday morning. Our Sunday morning Worship Service starts at 10:00 a.m. We will be allowed to have 100 people per service in attendance. The Worship Service will still be available online on Facebook and YouTube. We will not have the Nursery open or extended session at these services. Our LifeGroups will continue to meet online.
We want to make this as safe and comfortable as possible for everyone during the COVID-19 threat, so we will need to do things a little differently. Below is a list of precautions we will be taking.
• The two entrances in front of our church will be open, one with handicapped accessibility and the main worship center entrance. The doors will be opened by our Greeters so that people will not have to touch the door handles.
• Sanitizing stations will be placed at the two entrances and masks will be available.
• Ushers will assist with seating in the rows of pews and chairs which will be marked with tape to indicate where to sit with the required social distance spacing.
• We will not have our usual “meet and greet” but instead will have a “turn and wave” time in the service.
• We will not pass the offering plate during the service. The offering plates will be placed at the four exits for folks to place their offerings in on their way out.
• Invitations at the end of the service will be a “reflection time” where we will instruct attendees to stay in the row they are in and use that time to reflect. We will ask people to use the connection card if there are any decisions that are made.
• We will coordinate the dismissal after the service is over.
• The pews have been disinfected and the carpets cleaned and we will also clean in between the two services.
• We will not be able to offer coffee at the coffee station.
• We will continue offering our worship services on Facebook Live and YouTube and the Church Bulletin will continue to be mailed to members of our church.
Online Worship Service
Our Sunday Morning Worship Service will still be live on our on our Facebook page and on our YouTube channel each Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m.
Church Office Hours
The church office will be open at our normal office hours which are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday (closed 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. for lunch).
Life Group Online Meetings
Some of our LifeGroups will continue to meet weekly on ZOOM. Contact your group leader or the church office to get the ZOOM links and passwords.
Dennis Moon’s LifeGroup Class
Meets on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m.
Colin & Jennifer Colburn’s LifeGroup Class and Bobby Bolin’s LifeGroup Class
Meets on Sunday nights at 6:00 p.m.
The Esther LifeGroup Class
Meets on Thursday afternoons at 2:00 p.m.
Kids Ministry & Youth Group Meetings
The Kids Ministry group meets on Wednesday evenings, outdoors, at the church. E-Mail Liz Butler for details.
The Youth Ministry is meeting at Josh & Rhonda Miller’s house for Bible Study and fellowship on Sunday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. E-Mail Josh Miller for details.
Other Church Meetings
Young Adults Bible Study
This Bible Study for Young Adults,18 to 29 years old, meets online on Sunday nights, at 8:00 p.m.
Contact the church office to get the ZOOM link and password.
What You Can Do
We believe that in this season our reach for the gospel can grow even stronger. Toward that end we ask three things of you:
1.) Pray. Won’t it be great to see all the ways God is at work during these days?
2.) Give. Support those in our body who need your care. Give people calls and text messages to check up on them. Join our virtual community. Continue to be faithful with your financial giving at this website under GIVE or mail your offering to:
Allen Heights Baptist Church, 1309 E. Main, Allen, TX 75002
3.) Trust. Our God is far greater than this present challenge and He is at work deepening all our faith in Him.
If You Need Help
Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything during this time. We are a family and we are here for you! All our church staff are monitoring their email if you need to contact them. We can to be reached at:
Church Office Phone: 972-727-9136
Church E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
God Bless Us All,